Please read these tips from the MFB to keep you warm and safe this winter.
The Metropolitan Fire Brigade has released a fact sheet relating to ducted heating units. View it in full here: MFB Fire Safety Ducted Heating
Important points are:
- Some fires start due to a lack of maintenance of the heating unit, or due to the building up of dust and lint in the return air grille.
- Take precautions by regularly maintaining the heating unit as per manufacturers and warranty specifications.
- Regularly vacuum the fascia/grilles/filters of the return air duct
- “Test run” the unit at the start of winter on a day when you are home. (Never start a heater and immediately leave it unattended.)
- In the event of fire:
– Dial 000
– Turn off the electricity/gas supply at mains.
– Evacuate to your prearranged meeting place and await the arrival of the Fire Service.
Please click to view the fact sheet in full.
Surrey Air is offering a Multi-Appliance special to keep you safe all year. Get all your units (water, heating, cooling, fans, vents) serviced by a qualified technician at once – for a heavily discounted rate. The more you serve the more you save.